Since we have been stuck in quarantine I have loved taking the time to bake with Theodore. Whenever I ask him what type of cookie he wants this is always the cookie that’s requested and they never last long around our home. This is a thin, chewy, oatmeal based chocolate chip cookie so if that is what you’re looking for then this recipe is the last one you’ll need.
Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Electric Mixer
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 t. salt
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. sugar granulated
- 3/4 c. brown sugar old fashioned brown
- 2 eggs large
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. sweetened coconut
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the mixer bowl, using the paddle mixer, mix together the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and water. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the oats, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets spacing the dough at least 1 inch apart. Baking for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden in colour. The cookies should look slightly poofy when you take them out.
- Remove to cooling racks.